Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Finally! I escaped from that prison place where blogging was illegal...



Ok, ok....so I have fallen off the wagon. Truck. Earth.

But here I am again, and I know you missed me!

I have gotten several suggestions for blog topics that I plan to tackle here in the next few weeks (acid rain, ice cream flavors, nasal mucosa, pocket placement, recipes....just to name a few), but tonight - TONIGHT! - I have to blog about my most greatest candy love.


Tonight I am mourning the end of Cadbury Mini Egg season. About a week and half ago I snatched up one of two remaining family size bags of Cadbury Mini Eggs at Kroger. I was tempted to buy them both, but I was afraid Eric might disown me and my dentist might try to adopt me.

The ONLY reason that aforementioned bag was around for 10 days was because I recently decided to start logging my daily calories (you have NO IDEA how many empty calories are consumed each day!) and limited myself to 6 Mini Eggs a day. And I almost stuck to it. Almost.
Yesterday, I ate the last of the last Cadbury Mini Eggs. I almost cried.
If you have never had a Cadbury Mini Egg then you are missing out on one of life's great joys.
If M&Ms were a reusable grocery bag, Mini Eggs would be a Dolce and Gabbana purse.
If M&Ms were plastic kids golf clubs, Mini Eggs would be Tiger's clubs.
If M&Ms were an old beat up Geo Tracker, Mini Eggs would be a shiny new Land Rover.

I easily ate 4-5 bags this Easter season.

There is something perfect about the crunchy candy shell and the creamy milk chocolate center. I don't even need milk.

Sigh....OHHHH MINI EGGS!!!! 332 days until Easter. I am coming for you!



Love,
Plain Nicole

2 comments:

  1. Love the new post! Although I think you disparage M&Ms a bit harshly. I feel like their pretzel variety rises above a reusable grocery bag level of delicious. But that may just be me. I’m a Reese's Egg girl. So what do I know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have been a leetle harsh on the M&Ms....I like them in their place (ekspecially in a bowl of fresh popped popcorn)...but in my eyes no variety of M&M compares with the Mini Egg.

    ReplyDelete