Monday, February 28, 2011

Creamy Chicken Lasagna


Now, being the Plain Nicole that I am, I do not usually like lasagna.
**GASP!**
I know.
There are just too many chunks...it freaks me out.

But THIS lasagna....this creamy, chicken lasagna.....this I can do!
It helps that Eric is watching the Godfather II, really puts ya in tha mooood.

And here we go:

Ingredients:
3 chicken breast halves
8 oz. cream cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1 cube chicken bullion
1/4 cup hot water
Prego Fresh Mushroom Sauce
Lasagna noodles (I like the 'oven ready' variety)


First up, getcha some watur boilin.

Unwrap your chicken. I like this kind (that I find at Kroger) because it is natural. No hormones or antibiotics. It makes me feel good inside. I can just imagine all those happy little Amish chickens running around....no, wait....then they die. Nevermind.

Boil up your little chicken breasts. I put the chicken in the water cold and then turn the heat on. Not sure why....its just what I do.

While your chicken is boiling, go ahead an put your cream cheese and mozzarella in a bowl so the cream cheese can be softening.

You can also get your 9x13 ready. Put a layer of sauce in the bottom so there will be no noodle stickage.

Once your chicken has boiled, go ahead and scoop out a 1/4 cup of the boiling water and add your bullion cube. This is for FLAVA FLAAAAAVE!

Chop your chicken. You could also shred it. Or put it in the food chopper.
Whatever tickles your fancy.

Add your chicken to your cheesey goodness.

Then you want to add in your bullion/water mixture, and mix it up good!

Here is where the benefit of the oven ready noodles comes in: you want to scoop some of the chicken/cheese mixture onto a lasagna noodle and begin your layers.

I just did 3 horizontally, but if you want to get really fancy you could cut the noodles and lay them out vertically.

I think this is also where normal (non-plain) people may add in a layer of sauce on top of the cheese/noodle combo....but I just did noodle/cheese/noodle/cheese/noodle - you follow?

Make yourself a little noodle lid,

And then smother with the rest of the sauce. If you are using oven ready noodles it is really important to cover all the edges with sauce, otherwise you will get some unwelcome crispy bites.

Sprinkle a little mozzarella on the toppa,

And either cover to refrigerate, or put in the oven. I refrigerated. Because I'm cool. Get it?

When you are ready to bake (or have your husband put the lasagna in the oven when you leave the gym...) put it in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.

And THEN!

Nummanummanumnum!

Ok, so that isn't the most appetizing picture ever....but I was hungry and ready to eat...so you get the quick snapshot.

Enjoy!

-Plain Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment